It was written entirely in PHP.
Moving to RoR
I decided to rebuild the entire application in Ruby on Rails to both practice my Ruby and improve the application as I was looking at rebuilding it anyway to be more object oriented and clean.
I started my rebuild on Wednesday and had the same functionality within only a few hours of working on it (spread over a few days). Knowing the direction a project is going in does wonders for writing effective code quickly!
The site is still running the old version until I add in some user authentication and build the database of permits again (it’s a lot better this time!) but soon we should be adding in new features!
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *